Friday, July 4, 2014

July 3 - End of Lessons & Duffs

Today was the last day of swimming lessons.  Andlie has totally loved them!  She has learned to do front floats & back floats all by herself and is even beginning to do the front stroke with no help!  She loves water & could swim all day if we'd just let her.

This is how Haze has spent 4/8 swimming lessons.  Outside the water with his toes in & sitting by Mom.  Every day before lessons, he says, "Mom, I'm sick a little.  I can't go to swimming lessons.  I just want to watch my kids.  (I love that he calls them "his" kids.)  I just wanna put my feet in, K?"  So, I am happy that he's even putting his feet in and not crying.  He gets in for the last 15 minutes when they are playing games & going down the slide.  I do love that he loves his Momma so much.

And, NoNo!  She wore one of her 4th of July outfits today!  Of course, she looked darling so I snapped a thousand couple pics.

Also worth noting today: the Duffs moved.  Jonah, Ty, and Mikelle don't live across the street from us any more.  Andlie finally realized it was happening this afternoon & burst in to big, fat alligator tears.  Then she calmed down so they could all play for a few more hours.  And then they left for good.  She gave them each good-bye hugs and each of them told her how much they'd miss her.  Her little chin was quivering the entire time and then when we got home, her & I shared a good cry.  We'll miss them.  They have become very good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment