Friday, August 8, 2014

August 1 - Day 14 & Nightstand



Went to Krispy Kreme & watched the donuts get made!  And had some delicious hot ones.  Headed to the mall for story time at the Disney Store.  Met up with Granny, Shennie, Mindy and took some pics.  Headed to Zurcher's with them (where Nora took her first real ride in a shopping cart) and then said good-bye.  Naptime.  Went to Target while Daddy took a nap.  Welcomed Grampa!  Played outside & ate pizza for dinner.  Went to the baseball game!  Nora magically learned to feed herself during the game.  Perfect weather.  Perfect company.


While I was feeding Nora in our bed tonight, I looked over at my nightstand and smiled.  The funky lamp is from Bryan (and it has a dried rose from him tied around the top).  He's my most favorite person in the world.  There's a cough drop permanently stuck to it that Haze tries to pull of every time he sees it because "it's candy."  Nora's bink and her ring toy sit in the front and remind me how much I love having a baby in our home.  Andlie's glasses are next.  She's pretty smart and getting to be pretty sassy & determined.  And I'm proud of her for it.  Behind her glasses are a couple stray puzzle pieces that Haze handed to me because he got distracted by something more fun & wanted to save the pieces for later.  The sparkly bracelet is a gift.  It has beads from both of my great grandmothers' jewelry and was made by my Mom & my aunt.  And then above my nightstand is a clothesline full of pictures and cards made just for "Mommy" or "wife."  I love my life.  And looking at my nightstand tonight filled me with love & gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment